Fancy being part of Team Scotland as we defend our 2017 Home Nations Champions title? Then read on to find out how to qualify for 2018 team selection!
**2018 HOME NATIONS SELECTION CRITERIA**
The Home Nations Powerlifting Championships is contested between British Powerlifting member nations, Scotland, England, Northern Ireland and Wales.
12 lifters from each nation contest the championship purely based on total Wilks points. This sees pound for pound the strongest Powerlifters in the country battle it out for national pride.
– The Home Nations team will consist of 6 Male and 6 Female lifters.
– The team is made up of 3 classic lifters and 3 equipped lifters from each sex.
– The Scotland team will be chosen based on Wilks score, the top 3 classic and the top 3 equipped lifters.
– If a classic lifter exceeds any of the top 3 equipped on Wilks they will be selected ahead of the equipped lifter.
To be considered for selection each lifter must have:
1. Competed at Scottish Championship level OR
2. Have competed above this level and be active in the division (have volunteered during the year).
Both criteria can be achieved within one calendar year before the date of this year’s Home Nations.
Wilks scores will be taken from the 2018 rankings which commence from 1st Jan 2018. The cut off for date for selection will be after the Scottish Masters on 12th August. Successful lifters will be notified of their selection shortly after this date.