The 8th WOMEN’S & MEN’S OPEN, SUB/JR, JUNIOR & MASTERS COMMONWEALTH CLASSIC & EQUIPPED POWERLIFTING, CLASSIC & EQUIPPED BENCH PRESS CHAMPIONSHIPS 2019
Venue in St. John’s, Newfoundland & Labrador, Canada from 15 – 21 September 2019
Scottish Powerlifting will be sending a team to compete in the Commonwealth Championships; The team will be limited as per numbers relating to the rules of International competitions, in addition to the following qualifying criteria:
1. Achieve the current British Championships qualifying totals, achieved up to one year before the date of this competition.
2. Final date for intention to compete must be submitted to Scottish Powerlifting by the 20th May 2019.
An intention to compete form is here, which must be completed by the above date to be considered for the team. Selection will be made thereafter.
All costs for this championship will be met by lifters, and it is the lifters responsibility to book their own flights.
Team kit will be made available, again at the cost of lifters, albeit at a reduced rate.
All rooms are to be booked by member nations and not individual lifers, as specified in the official invitation. Further information will be given after team selection is made.
The official invitation with all costs and details can be found on the Commonwealth Powerlifting Website
Listed below is a brief overview of associated costs.
1. Participation Fee: $75.00 CAD for each Competition declared by the lifter
2. Anti-Doping Fee: $75.00 CAD for each Competition declared by the lifter
3. Hotel: Holiday Inn St. John’s Conference Centre. 180 Portugal Cove Road St. Johns, Newfoundland and Labrador A1B 2N2 Canada
Option 1 Standard Accommodation Single Room CAD 201.11 per person per night Bed and Breakfast (King Bed) Double Room CAD 201.11 per room per night Bed and Breakfast (2 Double Beds)
Option 2 Executive Accommodation *LIMITED AVAILABILITY* Single Room CAD 224.91 per person per night Bed and Breakfast (King Bed) Double Room CAD 224.91 per room per night Bed and Breakfast (2 Double Beds)
4. Closing Banquet: Sunday 21st of September 2019 – Price: $65.00 CAD per person
5. Arrivals/Transportation: Transport from YYT – St. John’s International Airport to Holiday Inn St. John’s Conference Centre is $30.00 CAD per person RETURN. Payment can be e-transfer in advance or cash in CAD ONLY upon arrival and paid to the Meet Director.
Please email Bernie at email@example.com with any questions.