Scottish Powerlifting would like to notify all members that our Annual General Meeting will be held on Sunday 16th December 2018 at 3pm. The AGM will take place at The Melting Pot, 5 Rose Street, Edinburgh EH2 2PR.
The AGM will be held in accordance with the current Scottish Powerlifting Constitution. Please note that the committee are proposing that Scottish Powerlifting becomes an incorporated body with Articles of Association and By-Laws drawn up to reflect those of British Powerlifting.
We would like to take this opportunity to notify members of the following:
- All nominations for Office Bearers should be received by the General Secretary no later than 14 days prior to the AGM – 2 December 2018 at 3pm
- All nominations should be seconded and signed off by the members making the nomination
- Where a nominated person has not agreed to their nomination all votes for this person will be omitted
- All items for the agenda, including any notices of motion, should be received by the General Secretary no later than 14 days prior to the AGM – 2 December 2018 at 3pm
- The General Secretary shall make the AGM papers available to the members no later than 1 week prior to the AGM – 9 December 2018 at 3pm
Voting at the AGM will take place with a show of hands. In addition to this, SPA will accept postal votes on committee nominations published prior to the AGM, postal votes will include votes via email from bona fide members who have a registered email address prior to publication of the agenda items.
Postal/Email Voting Process
When all nominations have been collated and verified we will open up voting for postal and email votes. All votes must be sent to the General Secretary, Scottish Powerlifting, c/o Athlete Training Systems, 11 West Gorgie Parks, Edinburgh EH14 1UT or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any postal/electronic vote that does not clearly state your membership number, what post you are voting for and who you are voting for will be invalid. Please note the following:
- Votes will only be accepted from members sent from their registered email addresses at the point of joining Scottish Powerlifting
- Any postal votes should be signed off by the member voting
- Members are only permitted one vote per post, where more than 1 vote is submitted by any one person all their votes will become invalid
- No late votes will be accepted under any circumstances
- The list of nominated people will be issued via the Scottish Powerlifting website no later than Thursday 8 December 2018.
- All postal and email votes must be received by the General Secretary no later than 12pm the day prior to the AGM
- Postal and email votes will be counted by the General Secretary and verified by the Chairperson and Director for Scotland
- A tally of postal and email votes will be published, with those who voted by name and membership number, as an appendix to the minutes.
- Voting is subject to the constitution and Scottish Powerlifting accept no responsibility for any votes that are not received, the constitution can be found at http://www.scottishpowerlifting.com/constitution/
For a full list of committee posts, along with a description of each role, please refer the current Constitution at http://www.scottishpowerlifting.com/constitution/
Should you have any questions regarding voting please contact the General Secretary, Rowan Hendry-Horne using the details above.